Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ah, It Feels Good!

I took a bit of a "vacation" from intense couponing and bargain hunting. We were well-stocked in most areas, my schedule was busy over the holidays, and quite frankly, I just needed a break. I still stayed within our budget, but didn't get as much for my money.

This week, I decided it was time to jump back in. Our stockpiles are getting low and I was getting close to paying regular price for items. Yikes! So, I spent some time yesterday getting my list ready, sorting out the deals, and clipping coupons. It was well worth my time! I did really well for my first trip back with a real "savings" focus. Before savings, my groceries cost (gasp) $105. After savings, I paid only $59. Still higher than our $40/week budget, but it was a stockpile trip, and those tend to go a little bigger than the average week.

It was energizing, and got me excited to do the CVS list today. Sometimes a much-needed break is all it takes to get me back on track!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, how I wish we had that opportunity with our stores! Good for you, though :)

Anonymous said...

That really is incredible Cheryl! Wow, I think I need a lesson in grocery shopping.

Anonymous said...

that was from Sheila... :)

| AC Design 2009